First, some well-known statistics about employee’s expectations towards their job:
- 92% more likely to want to make an impact
- 56% more likely to want a corporate culture that fits their personality
- 33% more likely to want challenging work
- 17% more likely to need skill development skill opportunities
- 21% more likely to need recognition for their contributions
Second, well-known thesis “active job seekers are often job-hoppers”- that’s true. You can be sure and rely more on so called passive candidate. The one who carefully considers the job change and searches the reason for changing job among his\her basic expectations (see above).
What does that actually mean for recruiters and hiring managers? – Talk about making an impact, challenges, ask the questions to find the fit between the person and your corporate culture instead of pushing your job vacancy. Make better contact talking about the thing that are vitally important to your potential future employe.